July 22, 2008

John McCain Continues to Remind Me of Ronald Reagan



Do you remember how Ronald Reagan truly began to lose it in the final years of his presidency? Tragically, it turned out that President Reagan was in early stages of Alzheimer's Disease. I think about Ronald Reagan every time that I think about John McCain becoming our president.

So, when John McCain continues to make foreign policy errors ... it concerns me.

Did you see him on ABC's Good Morning America, when he made ANOTHER geography gaffe while trying to criticize Obama's visit to Iraq. (Just last week, McCain repeatedly referred to Czechoslovakia, a country that hasn't existed since 1993.)

Asked by Diane Sawyer whether the "the situation in Afghanistan in precarious and urgent," McCain responded: "I think it's serious. . . . It's a serious situation, but there's a lot of things we need to do. We have a lot of work to do and I'm afraid it's a very hard struggle, particularly given the situation on the Iraq/Pakistan border."

But as ABC's Rick Klein noted: "Iraq and Pakistan do not share a border. Afghanistan and Pakistan do."






I will admit that I didn't know that Iraq and Pakistan didn't share a border. However, I'm not running for POTUS on the premise that I'm the best candidate when it comes to foriegn affairs! What say u?

9 comments:

Marvalus said...

I honestly think (and I'm not just saying this because I'm for the other guy) that something is wrong with his brain...or that he is simply too old to be POTUS...his mind is just not sharp enough...I'm sorry, but he's made too many "gaffes" for my tastes...and ones that he, himself, does not catch immediately.

Unknown said...

Marvulus - I agree with you. I simply don't think that McCain is fit for the office...

clnmike said...

To be honest I dont think most Americans are savy about anything that is outside of the United states. But Your right he wants to be POTUS and the least he could do is know who is who and where.

I wont go as far as saying he is Reagan like (that one right there was just scary). They say older people dont really get mentally slow with age, it that they have gained a large amount of knowledge over the years so it takes them longer to pull out the right answer. It should make for a fun debate if Obama knows how to use that against him.

LISA VAZQUEZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Mike - I 'spose that all of us need to bone up on our world geography ... even if we're not running for POTUS. However, I'm still worried about McCain's ability to make it thru a 4-year term. He's simply too old...

Anonymous said...

That would have went right by me. My son might have known, lol, he has a fascination with countries, flags, etc.

These are missteps he makes often and its amusing not only because he's running for POTUS but as the foreign policy/relations expert. He basically sets himself up for this ridicule.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

u know, obama is more like reagan to me than mccain, position wise, but i wont go into a tractate here

Unknown said...

Symphony - Too bad that the election isn't this week ... as Obama would win hands down. Unfortunately, there are still over 100 days to go ... and anything can happen.

Torrance - I'm open to learning. Why do you say that Obama is more like Raygun than McCain?

SjP said...

I think he's Lt. Dan. I'm really beginning to worry about him!