October 22, 2010

Undercovers, Starring Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Cancelled After 7 Episodes

I'm sorry to hear that Undercovers will have the same fate as Day Break -- both are network television shows cancelled before their initial 13 episodes aired.  One main difference is that I missed Taye Diggs and Day Break and so I was very happy when the network decided to run the rest of the full episodes from its first season on the Internet.  I doubt that I will miss Undercovers at all.  In fact, I doubt that I will watch the remaining episodes now that its been cancelled.

Co-stars Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw headlined the show, about two spectacular-looking undercover agents who also happened to be a married couple running a high-end catering business.  The show never got good ratings ... last night's episode only had about 5.8 million viewers.

I suspect that most of the 5.8 million viewers last night were women.  Every Black woman that I've talked with about the show loved it ... or rather loved seeing Boris Kodjoe in it!   He may not want to be viewed as a sex symbol ... but, women still see him that way.

I think that Kodjoe and Mbatha-Raw both did fine jobs.  The premise of the show was just a wee bit too much for me ... and I guess most of y'all as well.   I hope that both actors are able to rebound with other projects.

What is your favorite TV show nowadays?

3 comments:

Daij said...

I can honestly say that I saw every single eposide. I even informed people before the premiere, of the show, http://daij62.blogspot.com/search/label/Boris%20Kodjoe--
&

I even wrote a blog asking people to see it after it premiered --http://daij62.blogspot.com/search/label/Boris%20Kudjoe

Unknown said...

I was excited about this show but disappointed by episode 1. The writing was flat and there was no real chemistry between the leads. I kept watching simply to support it hoping that it would get better and it just never improved. I now wonder if Kodjoe is a strong enough actor to carry a show. He and his wife had a failed show after Soul Food. I do hope both actors land in other series with much stronger storylines.

Unknown said...

Daij - I didn't hype the show to anyone, but I DVR so many shows that I felt obligated to DVR this one. I've watched all of the episodes accept the one earlier this week. I will watch it via DVR or NBC.com in the near future. What is your favorite show on TV right now?

Karen - I don't recall seeing Gugu Mbatha-Raw before this show. She is an attractive woman. It is rough to get steady work as a Black actress. I hope she is able to rebound.

What is your favorite TV show nowadays?