October 17, 2011

The 'Blogging While Brown' Journey Continues Into Its Fifth Year

Blogging While Brown is a movement that is entering its fifth year. I am proud to be one of the bloggers in the nation who attended the first BWB conference held in Atlanta.   However, I've not been able to attend any of the subsequent conferences ... including the breakout one held in Los Angeles last year.

2010 BWB Visits White House in DC
All that is going to change in 2012.   I plan to be in attendance on June 1-2, 2012 when the Blogging While Brown conference convenes in Philadelphia.  Registration is now open and I encourage all villagers to take a look at their calendars to see if they can make it.

BWB has grown to become the premier social media conference dedicated to education, collaboration and innovation among bloggers of color. A new wrinkle in the Blogging While Brown journey is creation of a membership program.  The annual membership fee is only $50. Benefits include:
  • 20% off Blogging While Brown 2012 Conference Registration
  • 15% Discount on BWB Virtual U Courses
  • The opportunity to become a BWB Virtual U Instructor
  • Earn money by participating in our Affiliate Program
  • Access to BWB Discount Mall
  • Free or discounted admission to BWB Local Events
  • Be featured on the BWB Blog & Newsletter
  • Have your blog listed on BWB Blog Roll
  • Discounted Blogger Sponsorship Opportunities
BWB memberships are for novice as well as seasoned bloggers. BWB brings together Black social media experts, speakers and independent content creators to educate, inspire and expand their influence in social media and technology. This is your chance to network year-round with other bloggers of color.

Will you become a BWB member?
What is your favorite BWB story

2 comments:

Carolyn Moon said...

Thanks for this information. I certainly would like to be a part of this group. It would be nice to also return to Philadelphia.

I just happened on this site that you may already know about, however, it's worth mentioning. The Black Scholars Index which features innovators and leaders who matriculated at HBCU's. My husband was a graduate of the same university Jesse Russell attended.
http://www.blackscholarsindex.com/2011/10/jesse-russell-pioneer-of-signal-processing-and-wireless-communications/.

Your site is so informative and every chance I get to link my family, friends and colleagues to it;I do so.

Unknown said...

Carolyn - Should I call you 'Carolyn' or 'Amina'? Anyhow, I appreciate your support and your willingness to use the COMMENTS feature on this blog. The Blogging While Brown initiative is a good one. I hope that you find a way to be there next June.

re: the Black Scholars Index. I had not seen it before you link. That is a powerful website. I shared that link with my Facebook page!